At Renew Wellness Spa, we truly believe that WELLNESS WORKS WHEN YOU WORK IT! Small changes add up to BIG rewards! Follow these tips for balanced, ageless living!
Drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses a day. Your body is made up of about 60% water. Water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and plays a major part in all of the body’s systems. Lack of proper water intake can lead to dehydration, which can lead to decreased energy and cellular function, and may contribute to disease and bodily discomfort. Filter water to eliminate harmful chlorine or drink pure, spring water, or distilled water!
TIPS: Set your phone alarm to go off hourly. Keep a gallon of distilled water with a cup at your work station. Every HOUR drink one cup! By the end of your work day you will have consumed your daily water intake! DRINK UP! Add some organic lemon to increase absorption and give your body a boost of vitamin C!
O: ORGANIC FOODS
Eat whole grains, organic fruits and vegetables, good oils. Foods with dyes, preservatives, chemicals, hormones and antibiotics are harmful to our body. Since the introduction of modified foods to the American food supply in 1996, disease has almost DOUBLED! Studies are beginning to show these chemical irritate the body, are not processed easily by our digestive system and may be causing many mental imbalances in our children. GOOD health begins with a balanced, plant based, whole food diet.
- Choose USDA certified whole foods.
- Consume more organic fruits and vegetables.
- Choose organic, hormone/antibiotic free meat and dairy.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep daily. Sleep is a time for your body to repair damage to your cells. Inadequate sleep patterns can lead to mental disturbances, hormonal imbalance and even weight gain. Be sure to make time for adequate sleep daily. Try healthy relaxation techniques to aid your habits and create a soothing environment for your whole family.
- Create a bed time ritual and stick to a sleep schedule.
- Pay attention to your foods, avoiding caffeine after noon. Avoid eating late to avoid digestive discomfort.
- Avoid electrical items, TV’s, phones, around the sleeping area. Make that space just for rest and do not allow the world into your peaceful space.
K: KEEP MOVING
Daily Power Hour! Want to live longer, feel better, improve health and maintain your weight for life? Then keep that body moving! Exercise combats health conditions, wards off disease, encourages healthy hormone production, improves mood and keeps the body strong. Overall, kids are NOT getting enough exercise for healthy lifestyles. Only 10% of schools offer daily physical education classes, so make it a family activity, every day! Be a good example by participating in physical activity with you kids!
TIPS: Commit to moving your body DAILY by creating a POWER HOUR. Choose activities that you enjoy and make it a family activity. Walk after dinner, turn on music and dance! Schedule physical activities and make it a priority to keep your family moving towards good health!
I: INTESTINAL HEALTH
Healthy Elimination – Most Americans store between 5-45 lbs of impacted fecal matter in our colon. To keep it simple, your colon is like the sewage system of your body. If it is not working properly, it can lead to toxins impairing the organs and lead to many health disturbances and disease. Healthy elimination is 2-3 daily bowel movements. If you are not eliminating properly, consider cleansing and diet improvements to restore your natural balance.
- Take a probiotic daily.
- Eat a plant based, whole food diet. Exercise daily and hydrate properly.
- Use a small stool by the toilet to improve elimination position.
- Consider cleansing modalities, such as colon hydrotherapy, or enemas for excess waste removal.
T: TAKE TIME
Take Time to live, love, play and pray! Life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away! Wellness begins with your balanced body, mind and soul. Remember to make time to enjoy the people, places and things that make your life worth living.
- Stay connected with YOU! What are your interests? Who makes you happy? Journal your feelings, thoughts and ideas and stay connected to creating moments your best life!
- K.I.S.S. Keep it simple sweetie. Eliminate excess stress and activities in your life. Identify your priorities and put them first.
- Stick together. Life is so busy! GROW the relationships that make your life meaningful!